このページはEtoJ逐語翻訳フィルタによって翻訳生成されました。

翻訳前ページへ

10 things you need to know about AI | Daily Mail Online

MAIL ONLINE

Tuesday, May 21 2024 支援する to Main 場所/位置

Home - You Magazine

Main 場所/位置 Sections:[Home] [News] [王室のs] [U.S.] [Sport] [Showbiz] [Femail] [Health] [Science] [Money] [Travel] [Podcasts] [Shopping] [割引s]
Home Section:[Breaking News] [Australia] [You Magazine] [調書をとる/予約するs] [Promos] [Rewards] [Cars] [所有物/資産/財産] [Games] [職業s] [For You]

10 things you need to know about AI

|

From Google 地図/計画するs to facial 承認, we’re ever more reliant on 人工的な 知能. 専門家 MIKE WOOLRIDGE gives his 推論する/理由s to be fearful ? and cheerful.

We asked ChatGPT (雑談(する).openai.com) to create a main image for this piece from the に引き続いて YOU 誘発するs: ‘the 未来 looks 有望な’, ‘flat illustration’, ‘poster style’, ‘embrace 科学(工学)技術 to our advantage’ and ‘older woman'

1 AI is not as intelligent as it seems (yet)

The one golden message is that, even with the next 世代 of conversational ソフトウェア 道具s like ChatGPT, which is the biggest thing ? かもしれない ever ? in AI, you are not 取引,協定ing with a mind. ChatGPT is a computer programme that has been ひどく optimised, to use the technical 称する,呼ぶ/期間/用語, to do one thing: tell you what you want to hear.

It’s very good at that: very fluent and very eloquent. That leads us to believe that we are communicating with a mind, like a human 存在, but we aren’t.

2 It can’t 対処する with the real world< /p>

AI is all about getting computers to do things that can only be done by human brains and nervous systems. AI finds some things tremendously hard that we don’t associate with 知能, like 運動ing a car. Untold 量s of money have been 投資するd in trying to get cars that can 安全に 運動 themselves and we are still not there. We are nowhere 近づく having robot butlers.

3 Google Translate is a game-changer

AI translation 道具s are one of the most amazing things humanity has 達成するd. You can translate between pretty much any 広範囲にわたって used language in the world. 未来 AI translation apps will learn about you, the language you use and the way you communicate. You will be able to have 同時の spoken-word translations.

4 Don’t 信用 ChatGPT with your credit card

One of the 根底となる problems with large language model (LLM) 科学(工学)技術 is that it doesn’t tell you the truth. You ask it a question; it gives you the most plausible answer. It has no conception of truth. If it doesn’t know the answer to a question it will 簡単に make something up. I asked an 早期に 見解/翻訳/版 of ChatGPT what it knew about me. Its two-line 要約 said I’d 熟考する/考慮するd at Cambridge, which is a typical background for an Oxford professor, but I 港/避難所’t. That’s why I’d be 気が進まない to put one of these LLMs in any 状況/情勢 where it was making 決定/判定勝ち(する)s with a real consequence. The 科学(工学)技術 is unreliable and 傾向がある to weird errors. I wouldn’t 信用 ChatGPT with my credit card.

5 Don’t believe everything you read on social マスコミ

AI can go to your 料金d, look at your personal prejudices and produce misinformation on an 産業の 規模 about your favourite, or least favourite, 政治家,政治屋 based on the language you’ve used online ? so you can relate to it if you’re a 十代の少年少女 in Middlesbrough or a Tory 投票者 in the Home 郡s. It’s 平易な to see how that might be used to 影響(力) 投票者s to 衝撃 political 選挙s in the UK and overseas.

Within a small number of years, it’s 高度に probable that on social マスコミ there will be much more AI-生成するd content than human-生成するd. It will be very difficult for us to know what is authentically human and what isn’t. 信用d sources of news will become 極端に important to navigate that. Go 今後 50 years and there will be vastly more AI-生成するd 調書をとる/予約するs, music and ビデオs than there will be human-生成するd ones.

6 AI will transform healthcare

Doctors will use AI as a diagnostic 道具 in the same way that using an X-ray machine is a 道具. But I would 警告を与える against becoming 完全に reliant on an AI diagnosis. My big 関心 is that when a machine tells you something that 同意しないs with your own personal perceptions, you have to 投資する some energy to 人物/姿/数字 out why the  machine might be wrong. And often people can’t be bothered to do that if they’re tired. I would rather have a human 存在 than AI. Some people won’t have that 高級な ? it will be AI or nothing. On the 加える 味方する, AI 道具s will make very expensive healthcare, only accessible to a tiny fragment of the world’s 全住民, accessible to a 抱擁する number of people. For example, AI 科学(工学)技術 will be able to analyse ざっと目を通すs from the other 味方する of the world. That will be transformative.

7 It’s biased に向かって 確かな 部門s of society

AI is 支配するd by North American, white, college-educated men. That is a 広範囲にわたって 定評のある problem: LLMs communicate using North American (rather than British) English. This 事柄s. A 最近の data 始める,決める 広範囲にわたって 雇うd for 発言する/表明する-承認 科学(工学)技術 used recordings done by white, male, college-educated Americans. If you were outside that data 始める,決める ? 女性(の), for instance ? the 発言する/表明する-承認 systems didn’t do a very good 職業 of understanding you. To build an LLM, you need lots of examples of the language. Icelandic doesn’t at the moment have a 数字表示式の 足跡 big enough to build LLMs that can communicate in the language ? that is a subtle danger about the way AI can fail to encompass a wider 範囲 of human 見解(をとる)s and experiences.

8 There is a 危険 of misuse

Most human programmers would 拒絶する/低下する a request to 令状 a programme to 開始する,打ち上げる a cyber attack on NHS data servers. But if you have an LLM that will do whatever you ask it to do, attacks like that are easier . People using AI to do bad things is something we need to think about. At a 最近の AI 首脳会議 in the UK, the discussion had moved on from existential to 壊滅的な 危険 whereby a 失敗 of AI leads to something ? like a 計画(する) 衝突,墜落 in a 高度に 居住させるd area ? that would be 破滅的な, but isn’t going to lead to the end of humanity. That’s a healthy direction to take the discussion, because it’s more real, and when it’s more real it’s something you can think about mitigating.

9 AI is just a 道具

AI isn’t something to be in awe of or 恐れる. It’s going to be used to do wonderful things, like recognising tumours on X-ray ざっと目を通すs and spotting 早期に-onset dementia or heart 病気, but it’s just a 道具 like any other 道具; don’t talk about it as if it’s a person.

10 It could 上げる creativity

The goal is for AI to 解放する/自由な people from drudgery and enable them to 焦点(を合わせる) on important things that 要求する human understanding, creativity and empathy. One 予期しない 使用/適用 of LLMs is brainstorming new ideas: something people don’t find 平易な or value. Ask ChatGPT for pitches for a 白人指導者べったりの東洋人-flavoured milk drink and it will keep producing, junk or not. And they will get human creative juices flowing.

LLMs will open up 適切な時期s for 完全に new art forms we can’t even imagine 権利 now, just as whoever invented 早期に synthesisers couldn’t have imagined rave music taking off in the 80s. I think we’re on the cusp of an 爆発 of people doing really creative things with AI.

マイク Wooldridge is a professor of AI at Oxford University. The Truth About AI, his 王室の 会・原則 Christmas Lectures, are on iPlayer.

Illustration: Chloe Sharp/Midjourney

最高の,を越す

10 things you need to know about AI